Enrollment forms and required documents can be dropped off at Kapalama Elementary School.  

Our office hours are:
Monday - Friday 

7:00am - 4:00pm

Closed on State Holidays

Your child must have been born between

August 1, 2018 - July 31, 2019

and turns 5 on or before July 31

Required documents

     school office has hard copies of this form to fill out 

If the student was born outside of the United States, the student's passport or student visa is acceptable. 

Driver's licence, passport, State ID

Documentation by the parent or legal guardian that the child resides at an address within the school's attendance boundary. (Link to our SchoolSite Locator to see school district boundaries and explore school locations.)

Rental/lease agreement, mortgage document, or current real property assessment document in the parent/guardian's name. A signed and accepted offer to a lease agreement from the leasing office is acceptable, if the following are included: Parent/legal guardian's name and signature with date of acceptance; residential address; effective date of offer; available unit date; and, deadline to respond date.

Utility bill for water, electric, gas or telephone that indicates that the billing is in the parent/guardian's name and is being sent to the house; and

If the parent or legal guardian cannot provide documentation of legal residence because the parent/legal guardian is living with a relative/friend, a notarized statement by the relative/friend can be accepted by the school with the following stipulation: 

(a) Notarized statement must state that the parent/legal guardian and child are living with the relative/friend; 

(b) Notarized statement must state the name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend's proof of legal residence; 

(c) Notarized statement must state the same address of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend's proof of legal residence; 

(d) A copy of the relative/friend's proof of legal residence must be attached to the notarized statement; and 

(e) Notarized statement must be signed by same name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend's proof of legal residence.

Student health and immunization requirements

We work in conjunction with the Department of Health to ensure that students meet key health requirements. All children attending school in Hawaii must have a signed and completed Student’s Health Record to document the following:

A student who does not have documentation of all the required immunizations or a physical examination may be allowed provisional entry with verification of an upcoming medical appointment.

If a child is experiencing unstable housing (per the McKinney-Vento Act) or is an undocumented immigrant, refugee, or seeking asylum (as established by Plyer v. Doe), he/she may enroll and attend class while a school arranges for the transfer of health records or while a Community Homeless Concerns Liaison assists the student in meeting health requirements.