Family / Student / School Compact
We, the school community of Kapalama, are committed to nurturing all children to have a positive self-concept and a caring, respectful attitude towards themselves and others; to know about the world around them; to be confident to think critically, initiate ideas and express their thought; to balance academic achievement with sound common groups; to practice social skills that contribute to the feeling of ohana; to welcome challenges and to take risks; to exhibit an avid curiosity that leads to life-long learning; and to put forth the hard work required to achieve their personal potential and become responsible citizens of our community.
Parents / Guardian's Agreement
I will support my child's education by:
- Reading to (and/or being read to by) my child on a daily basis and helping with homework.
- Making sure my child comes to school on time daily.
- Trying to be actively involved in school by attending meetings and confrences.
- Monitoring the quality of my child's TV viewing and limiting TV viewing time.
- Monitoring my child's use of technology (e.g. computer, phone, iPad, iPod, etc.).
- Providing a safe place to study that is quiet and free from distractions.
- Being a positive role model.
It is important for me to do my very best in school. I promise to:
- Do all my school work and homework on a timely basis.
- Come to school on time everyday.
- Obey all school rules and be a good citizen.
- Ask for help when I have a problem.
- Practice good social skills.
- Aim to meet or exceed my grade level standards.
I will strive to:
- Provide meaningful standards-based instruction and learning activities.
- Support student's self esteem and nurture students to take pride in what they do.
- Encourage and advise parents on how to be involved with their child.
- Provide student progress and informations.
- Nurture students to become responsible citizens.
- Maintain a positive, stimulating learning environment.
I will provide an environment that supports:
- Positive communication among students, staff, and parents.
- A climate free of drugs and violence that nurtures the growth of children.
- Current trends in literacy, mathematics, and the integration technologies.
- A welcoming atmosphere for students and parents.
- Teachers to be fair and consistent with all students.